The Tonkin Financial Process
At Tonkin Financial, we focus on getting to know you, so we can provide you with high quality advice that meets your needs. We’ll take you through the following steps when you work with us:
- We’ll take the time to get to know you and build a relationship, so you feel comfortable that you’re in good hands
- We’ll discuss your goals, and collect any information about you we need to provide you with the plan to reach them.
- Once we’ve gathered the information we need, we’ll analyse your situation using planning tools and 30 years of experience.
- We’ll present you with our recommendations, and discuss how we go about making them happen, as well as any alternatives.
- With your plan of action agreed, we’ll get right to implementing the solutions outlined in our advice.
- It’s important to keep on top of progress, so we’ll monitor the results and review your situation regularly.
About Tonkin Financial Services
At Tonkin Financial, we specialise in supporting Auckland’s medical professionals to maximise their earning and investment potential - whether now, for the remainder of their career, or in retirement. We also support these professionals in managing their life, health and trauma insurance needs, and in the provision of income protection cover.
We pride ourselves on being easy to deal with and sticking with our clients for the long haul - it’s about providing advice that works for you now, and creates the outcomes you want in the future.
Tonkin Financial maintains relationships with the following major Financial Services providers so you can be sure you’re always getting a solution that fits your needs.
John is an Authorised Financial Adviser (AFA), with over 30 years experience in the financial services industry. Additionally, as a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), John maintains the highest standards of advice, client care and ongoing education.
His primary focus is on supporting doctors and health professionals to maximise their earning potential. A major focus in this area is ensuring that his clients are taking full advantage of their employer’s superannuation contributions. John’s expertise also extends to his clients’ wider financial needs, including income protection and insurance.
John has a Post Graduate Diploma in Finance (University of Auckland) and a Diploma in Business, endorsed in Personal Financial Planning (Massey University). He has been a member of the Institute of Financial Advisers for more than 30 years.
Julianne has a degree from London University and an extensive resume, working mainly in PA and managerial roles for corporates, in Europe, Asia and the US.
Julianne specialises in customer service and provides quality administration support to the Tonkin Financial client base.